Tuesday, October 21, 2008

He's Hot



My dear husband, grilldave, has come down with "shingles". I diagnosed it on Saturday..when he showed me some red spots that looked somewhat like pimples on the left side of his forehead. He thought it was caused by his "do rag". I said, "I hope it's not shingles. You've been so stressed lately". By Sunday, one side of his forehead was looking like a "vineyard filled with white pimple-like grapes". It was burning, it itched, and it was very painful. Hello?? Shingles.


He went to his dr on Monday...and yes, shingles it was. He is contagious..for humans who have never had chicken pox. He can transfer that virus. The only way to get shingles...is if you have had chickenpox. The virus lays dormant for years until stress..or an immune issue..causes it to raise its ugly head once again.


Today, he looks somewhat like "the elephant man". Thank goddess, his doc sent him to an optemologist yesterday...as shingles can cause long-term vision issues.


He goes back to the dr tomorrow morning...as the left side of his forehead is growing...and is HOT to the touch.


Like I said...we seem to be falling apart over here.

1 comment:

Rajesh &Shankari said...

I hope he feels better. I suffered from shingles a few years ago and it is horrible..the pain just does not go away