Sunday, December 23, 2007

How about a vegetarian Christmas? Are You Friggin Nuts?

I bought a standing rib roast for Christmas dinner. I just couldn't do a turkey..no way. So, as I am still in Portland, OR. I went to Haggens..a market similar to The Nugget in Sacramento.. but much larger. I got a choice cut standing rib roast on sale for $5.99 per lb...normally selling for about $12.00 per lb. or more. I'll make Yorkshire Pudding with it..of course.

For Christmas Eve we are having BBQ'd baby back ribs. My son makes the best...well, my husband makes some damned good ones too but he won't be here till Christmas morning.

Speaking of Christmas morning; we are having scones with lime & lemon curd and clotted cream from the Lavender Tea House. These are the best scones I have ever had..in fact, they are really aren't like English scones at all. They are more like huge, flaky sweet biscuits. The Lavender Tea House makes it all from scratch. Yum. Jenn took me there for tea and a light lunch a few days after I arrived. Lovely.

I will get back to Sacramento one week from 6:30 p.m. this evening. Do you think I miss home? As much as I have absolutely loved bonding with my granddaugther, being with Mike and Jenn, and getting to know little Ethan...I can't wait to sleep in my own bed, with my own husband. (I've been borrowing the neighbors for the past few weeks). I am sure the kids will be happy to be alone in their home again.

1 comment:

Eileen and Karen said...

you've been borrowing the neighbor or their bed or both? LOL

Merry Christmas.. I had a minute to relax and read some of my favorite blogs.